Pages

14 June, 2010

Blogger Almighty and the 12 Commandments!

Team This post has been published by me as a team member of The Wordsworth Legions for the SUPER 5 round of Bloggers Premier League (BPL) – The first ever unique, elite team blogging event of blog world. To catch the BPL action and also be part of future editions and other contests, visit and register at Cafe GingerChai

If you are “Blogger Almighty”, what would be your 12 commandments to change the world – elaborate.



Changing the world is a challenging dream, for all dreams are meant to be fulfilled.
Starting from scratch, change is simply an action. An action that is more dreamt than fulfilled. The world needs change, not only for improving social conditions, but also for mere survival. Anyone can hope for a better tomorrow, though only men of steel can make it a reality. 


Being The Almighty, I see things like fear, dark and frown here which I never created. They are bugs of my World, preventing an improved living. 
Many on Earth talk of change, though it is a broad and abstract concept. It has to be understood that no world change can be initiated without YOUR involvement.

Some wise soul inscribed this text at Westminster Abbey in 1100 A.D. :

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.

But it, too, seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.

And now, as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country, and who knows, I may have even changed the world.

To prevent any such regretful events, for the 21st and the coming centuries, I have laid down The 12 Commandments to change the world....



As Mahatma Gandhi once said, “Be the change you want to see in the world". We can't change others; we can only change ourselves. As a result, when we change, it changes everything...



Changing the world is no child's play. A bumpy ride may have its challenges and distractions, but you have to drive through with full faith and resolute. 




This prohibits the defensive attitude of being shut and rigid. Be open and flexible to ideas. Be alert and aware, for awareness is the beginning of change. And change is the beginning of more change...




Start something new, something better and something helpful. Initiatives are the one of the most powerful tools to encourage change in the society and the world, at large.



Before starting on this mission of changing the world, you first need to accept change in you and your life. This is the most important commandment!



In simple terms, no level of pretence can help you act and change. All you need to do, is to be natural. Start to live the way you want to see the world, or society changed, and do not compromise your ideals or your ethics.



Whatever you do, however you act, whatever you speak and however you see - Everything Counts! There are no small things in this world, because in the long run, those are the things that make ALL the difference!




Once you've changed yourself, you will find a new, changed world. Start with changing your circle of influence...




Our perception of looking at things control our ideas and beliefs. Hence, a positive attitude can keep us motivated and charged up to get up and do things. Negative thinking is a superb source for draining your energy and life. So, beware!




If you always keep on wondering what people will think about you, you will never be able to do anything. What people think should not be your concern, what you think about yourself should be. 




Do something new and different. Always keep your mind occupied, for an idle mind is a devil's workshop, and an occupied mind is a brainstormer's workshop!




Remember - Actions speak louder than words...




Follow these commandments. Change the world.