A large number of Indians are adopting Western trends, especially non-vegetarianism. In this modern world of ours, being non-vegetarian has become a kind of status..
For all those non-vegetarians not only in India, but all over the world, here is a the first part of the popular video series 'Meet Your Meat'... Enjoy!
This is a video that all meat-eaters should watch and every vegetarian should own!
I am sure you must have been dead-shocked to see this video.. It is a fact that 80% of all meat sources in the US come from factory farmed animals. All factory farmed animals are treated like this..
So isn't it obvious that such things must also be happening in our very own country, India?
I personally find no reason to consume non-vegetarian food. As a matter of fact, a meat-based diet is dangerous for your heart's health. Also consuming non-vegetarian food results in high chances of colon cancer, high cholesterol levels and obesity.
I strongly feel that we must also turn vegetarian because it has many advantages. Some of these advantages include:
- Vegetarian foods are easily chewable, especially for the elderly who have lost their teeth.
- Vegetarian food is also more easily digestible.
- These foods are cheaper than non-vegetarian foods..etc,etc..
Here's why you should give up non-vegetarianism and opt for vegetarian food:-
- Save the environment. Did you know that consuming meat actually contributes to global warming? Most of the animals, like cattle, goats, sheep, etc. carry out the process of rumination. In this process, certain gases are produced in their bodies.. And when we kill these animals for obtaining meat, these gases are released in the air contributing to greenhouse gases..
- Save your body. Honestly speaking, our body just doesn't require non-vegetarian food. Our jaws, teeth and digestive systems are also not suitable for the hard and coarse material of non-vegetarian food. In fact, the non-vegetarian food that you consume actually stales in your intestines for weeks together literally turning it into a dustbin! Studies have also pointed out that vegetarian food consumption is also good for the health of your heart.
- Save resources. It is a fact that about 10,000 litres of water is spent to make 1 kg of beef. India is already facing water shortage woes and to add to all this, we are bound to face severe problems in the future.
By becoming a vegetarian you are contributing to your own health, to the welfare of other people, to the welfare of animals and to the health of the planet. As an individual your contribution may be small, but your decision to become a vegetarian will go a long, long way...So, guys, let us all turn vegetarian for our welfare, for the welfare of animals and for the welfare of the society...
P.S. I am proud to be a Vegetarian!